We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of pork
- Pork loin
This dish is based on a Puerto Rican roast pork recipe, but made in a slow cooker. It's easy to make and the result is delicious. The pork is tender and full of flavour.
257 people made this
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground ancho chilli
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 (1.35kg) boneless pork loin roast
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:6hr ›Ready in:6hr20min
- Place the garlic, onion, oregano, cumin, chilli, salt and pepper into a liqudiser. Pour in the olive oil and vinegar. Puree until smooth. Spread this mixture all over the pork loin and place into a slow cooker.
- Cook on Low until the pork is fork tender, 6 to 8 hours. When ready, cut the pork into chunks or shred; garnish with lime wedges to serve.
Ground ancho chilli can be purchased online. If unavailable, use chilli powder to taste.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(228)
Reviews in English (168)
So yummy and tender! We had it with spicy couscous and corn.I didn't have oregano, so used Italian seasoning, but it tasted terrific. Will definitely make it again.-11 Nov 2013
Best pork we have ever eaten. Absolutely awesome-10 Sep 2012
I have made this twice, this is the nices way to enjoy pork and so very simple. I made it last weekend for my family and would definitely make this again.-07 Mar 2014