We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Side dish
If you like crispy spring rolls and pepperoni pizza, this recipe is for you! Spring roll wrappers are filled with a combination of pizza sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella, before being deep fried. Perfect as a snack, appetiser or finger food.
59 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 20 pizza rolls
- 2 litres rapeseed oil for frying
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons water
- 450g pizza sauce
- 225g sliced pepperoni
- 125g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 400g spring roll (egg) wrappers
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:40min
- Heat oil in a deep fat fryer or large saucepan to 150 degrees C. Whisk egg and water together in a small bowl.
- Combine the pizza sauce and pepperoni in a liquidiser or food processor. Process until pepperoni is well chopped and the sauce has thickened. Transfer sauce to a large bowl and stir in mozzarella.
- Lay out one spring roll wrapper on a flat surface. Place 1 tablespoon filling at the bottom centre of the wrapper, leaving 1cm border on each side. Lightly brush the wrapper edges with the egg mixture. Fold over both sides; roll up to encase filling in wrapper. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Deep fry pizza rolls in batches until crisp and golden brown, 5-9 minutes.
There are two varieties of spring roll wrappers, ones made with rice and ones made with egg. You need the egg variety here.
Spring roll wrappers can be purchased in Chinese/Oriental speciality stores.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(63)
Reviews in English (48)
Yummo! They do take some time to make but they are well worth it. I made exquisite pizza sauce from this site (only one I ever use) and used pepperjack cheese. I baked them at 400 for about 13 minutes. Spray the tops with cooking spray and they brown nicely. Ate some and froze the rest.-21 Jun 2010
I had some egg roll wrappers to use up and thought I'd give this recipe a try. They were very good! I was being lazy, so I just layered everything onto the wrapper and rolled them up, and that worked out well. My little guy went crazy over them and I thought they were tasty too! I'd like to maybe add some sausage, olives or green peppers next time. Thanks for sharing.-13 May 2010
by Jennifer Ash
ive made these several times and make a few hundred at a time to freeze and they just go. if the kids, or me as well know they're in the freezer we just cant leave them and end up eating then all too quickly. soooooo goooooood-18 Jun 2010