We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Diet & lifestyle
- Vegetarian meals
This Filipino-inspired dish combines pork loin, prawns, tomatoes, courgettes, aubergine, okra, green beans and bitter melon. Serve with freshly cooked rice for a substantial meal.
14 people made this
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 225g pork loin, chopped
- 225g raw prawns, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 115g courgette, seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 115g aubergine, cut into bite-size pieces
- 115g fresh okra, ends trimmed
- 115g fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 small bitter melon, cut into bite-size pieces
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:1hr
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir the onion and garlic in the hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the pork and cook until completely browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir the prawns into the mixture; season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until the prawns turn pink, about 5 minutes. Add the tomato to the pan, cover and let cook 5 minutes. Stir the courgette, aubergine, okra, green beans and bitter melon into the mixture; cover and cook until the vegetables are all soft to the touch, about 10 minutes more. Serve hot.
Bitter melon can be purchased in Indian/South Asian speciality stores.