We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Vegetable soup
- Root vegetable soup
- Carrot soup
- Carrot and coriander soup
This carrot and coriander soup is incredibly simple to make and you only need a few ingredients. It's light and fresh, plus it freezes really well too.
1428 people made this
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 large onion, roughly chopped
- 900ml (1 1/2 pints) vegetable stock
- large bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:15min ›Extra time:5min › Ready in:25min
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute the carrots and onion for a few minutes until the onion has softened a little.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and add the coriander. Bring to the boil, and cook until the carrots are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Puree the soup until smooth, using a hand blender or food processor. Reheat before serving if necessary. Serve with crusty bread.
Carrot and fresh coriander soup
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(130)
Reviews in English (123)
I used chicken stock in this recipe as I didn't have any vegatable stock. It was absolutely delicious! :D-22 Jan 2012
Made this yesterday, it's a very delicious soup!I added a few more carrots, a full onion and some celery. It was lovely and thick and very very filling!-10 Nov 2012
Used different ingredients.I didn't have any fresh coriander so I used dried coriander leaves instead. Still tasted very good. I also cooked the soup for another 5 mins. before pureeing because the carrots weren't soft enough-05 Nov 2010