We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Baked cheesecake
If you love coffee, chocolate and cheesecake, this is the recipe for you. This decadent cheesecake consists of a biscuit base, filled with a chocolate and coffee flavoured cheesecake filling, which is finished off with a creamy chocolate topping.
17 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 1 23cm round cheesecake
- 175g sweet biscuits, crushed into crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavoured liqueur
- 115g plain chocolate, grated
- 925g cream cheese, softened
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 250ml soured cream
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon coffee flavoured liqueur
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
MethodPrep:40min ›Cook:1hr ›Extra time:4hr chilling › Ready in:5hr40min
- For the Base: Combine the crumbs, 2 tablespoons melted butter, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 tablespoon cocoa with a fork. Press into bottom of a 23cm round springform tin. Wrap the tin bottom in foil. Refrigerate while preparing the filling.
- For the Filling: Put grated chocolate into the top of a double boiler. Place over hot water. When almost melted, remove from heat and stir until completely melted. Chocolate can also be melted in a microwave, stirring frequently.
- Combine the cream cheese and the sugar; mix with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Dissolve the coffee powder in the coffee liqueur. Add the coffee mixture and the chocolate to the cream cheese mixture. Blend well.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until just blended after each egg.
- Pour the filling into the base, smoothing the top.
- Place the tin in a large baking tin, pour boiling water into the baking tin until it comes 1/2 way up the sides of the spring form tin.
- Bake in a preheated 180 C / Gas 4 oven for 1 hour.
- Remove the tin from the oven and remove the springform tin from the water bath. Discard the water.
- For the Topping: Stir together the soured cream, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon coffee liqueur and 1 teaspoon of cocoa. Spread over the top of the hot cheesecake. Put back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours, if possible overnight.
For more easy tips on how to make a perfect cheesecake, check out our Perfect cheesecake tips how-to guide.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(13)
Reviews in English (8)
by Chris M. Wausau, WI
This is awesome cheesecake!! The best cheesecake I've ever made-and I've made a few. It will defintely be made many more times. Tip for those lactose intolerant. I replaced the cream cheese w/Better Than Cream Cheese(soy product)and no one ever knew.(I've done this before and no one knows the difference. It sounds kind of gross, but it is very good, especially w/ chocolate!). There is also Sour Supreme Better Than Sour Cream you can use for the topping if you want. But like others, I left it off. Thank you for the recipe Elizabeth!!-02 Jan 2005
I loved the taste of this cheesecake. Not so chocolately that you can't eat a piece, moist and creamy. I think I will make the crust half again as large as I like a thicker crust on cheesecake. It was a hit with friends! A keeper!-29 Jul 2001
by Energizer Bunny
This is a fabulous recipe! The cheesecake turned out beautifully and I was so proud of myself, being my first attempt at making a cheesecake. Our guests were very impressed and some even stopped by the next day to see if there was any left over! The next time I make it I will try it without the topping. Thank you for a great recipe!-09 Apr 2002