We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- BBQ lamb
Lamb is marinated in a flavourful blend of olive oil, sherry vinegar, garlic and herbs, then threaded onto rosemary sprigs instead of the usual bamboo skewers. The salsa verde sounds posh, but couldn't be simpler to make. All in all an easy recipe that is full of flavour and sure to impress!
25 people made this
- Lamb kebabs
- 8 (15cm) rosemary sprigs
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 675g lamb tenderloin, cut into 5cm pieces
- Salsa Verde
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon small capers
- 1 anchovy fillet
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:8min ›Extra time:30min marinating › Ready in:58min
- Soak the rosemary sprigs in water for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together the garlic, thyme, olive oil, sherry vinegar, salt, and pepper in a glass bowl. Toss the lamb pieces in the marinade, and allow to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. After the lamb has marinated, thread onto the rosemary sprigs.
- While the lamb is marinating, prepare the salsa verde by placing the lemon juice, olive oil, yoghurt, garlic, salt, mint, oregano, parsley, capers and anchovy fillet into the bowl of a blender. Blend until smooth, then pour into a serving dish and set aside.
- Preheat an outdoor barbecue for medium heat.
- Cook the lamb skewers, turning occasionally, until no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Serve with salsa verde.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(24)
Reviews in English (22)
I didn't use any vinegar and I simply used skewers instead of trying to skewer them with rosemary. I put the rosemary in the marinade instead. The sauce was delicious.-08 Jul 2008
Absolutely love it. I'm making it again this weekend for Father's Day. Always loved lamb, but this sauce is amazing. I don't know if I'll ever have lamb without it again!-13 Jun 2008
Much to my surprise, this recipe was easy to make. The combination of the fresh herbs and the yogurt sauce with the tender lamb meat was excellent. Using Rosemary sprigs as skewers was a great idea as it gently permeated just the right amount of flavor into the meat. Throughout dinner we kept commenting on how wonderful it was.-24 May 2008