We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Homemade sausages
This is something different and decidedly tasty to make on the BBQ. Add plenty of fresh lemon any way you serve it.
32 people made this
- 450g minced pork
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 25g finely chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 225g caul fat
- 10 skewers
MethodPrep:1hr ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:1hr20min
- In a medium bowl, mix together the minced pork, onion, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Fill a bowl with warm water and add the vinegar. Dip the caul fat into the water, and keep submerged for 1 minute to wash. Rinse in cold water. Carefully open up the caul fat on a clean work surface, and cut into 10cm squares.
- Place a small compressed handful of the sausage near the edge of one square. Fold the sides over, and roll up firmly. Repeat with remaining meat and fat until you have about 10 sausages.
- Prepare a barbecue for high heat. Place sausages onto skewers.
- Barbecue the sausages for 20 minutes, turning frequently until the outside is crispy and dark, and the inside is no longer pink.
Caul fat is the fatty lace-like membrane that encases the internal organs of an animal. Pork caul fat is desirable here; ask a good butcher.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(10)
Reviews in English (9)
LOVE this! Takes me back to many happy times we spent in Cyprus! They taste just how the lady in our local Taverna made them! Perfect with village salad and olive oil. Ah happy, sunshine food! Thank you.-29 Nov 2010
What's the vinegar for? ?-03 Dec 2016