We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- No cook starters
These canapes are as unique as they are delicious. Walnuts would also work well!
16 people made this
- 100g chopped green olives
- 100g chopped Kalamata olives
- 90g crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 100g chopped macadamia nuts
- 5 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 (500g) jar vine leaves, drained thoroughly
MethodPrep:45min ›Ready in:45min
- In a bowl, mix the green olives, Kalamata olives, Gorgonzola cheese, macadamia nuts, basil, tomatoes, pepper, garlic and dark brown soft sugar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay each vine leaf flat, and place a heaped tablespoonful of the olive and Gorgonzola mixture in the centre. Fold or roll the leaves around the mixture. Chill until serving.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(19)
Reviews in English (16)
You do have to rinse the brine off the grape leaves. It comes with the directions. These are lovely, who would have ever thought of gorgonzola and grape leaves? What a great thing for a cocktail buffet! I finally threw up my hands and said "There are no more!".-01 Apr 2006
by Michael Hayes
Overall, I thought this was a great recipe. I would make one change. It was a bit salty for my taste. I would suggest rinsing the grape leaves to remove the brine. I also served it warm with some tomato sauce. It was very good this way as well.-01 Jun 2004
Don't make this if you want leftovers....only the dish was left!! It was great and everyone enjoyed my efforts. Highly recommend.-12 Mar 2004